Monday 19 September 2011

Musings of a new Center Head!


My first impression of the task ahead as drawn by the last Center Head meet was - "This is not going to be easy." Sustainability meant higher capacity utilization, which meant greater mobilization, which meant understanding community, getting visibility, counselling etc. while keeping the quality intact which in turn meant "Multitasking- infact Severe Multitasking". 
I am sure all the other center heads have already mastered the art of multi-tasking. I also braced myself up for it, got some ideas together and for headed Sangam Vihar, where in words of an autowallah, - "the rich and the poor are treated equally.. by the potholes & the traffic madam ji. All are like rockets, either waiting to take-off or to explode." I was convinced that NIIT Foundation could offer opportunities to some of these rockets and probably prevent some of the explosions! 
The conviction became even stronger, as I met the extremely passionate & extremely supportive team - both core team and center team. I don't know many organizations where people filled to the brim with their own work, will patiently help you in yours. And when you're new, this becomes critical in learning & understanding the process. The openness and flexibility to toy with new ideas is an another important thing found in abundance at NF. 
Looking back, the past month has been like a crash course in multiple things, a roller-coaster ride in itself and I'm planning to keep it that way!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pallavi, Can't remember when I enjoyed reading so much about our own daily work. Brilliantly penned I must say. Please know that I am waiting for a second serving on this, eager and poised.

    Best regards,
    Rinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pallvi,

    Your write-up is as honest as you, very well composed.

    ReplyDelete